Configuring Email Accounts in wMobile
The wMobile Manager Console allows an administrator to configure and maintain email accounts for all users from one convenient place.
In the wMobile Explorer window, click on the Email Accounts node to display the email accounts in the main window.
In the grid, you can view all of the defined email accounts and see specific configuration settings, account status, etc.
NOTE: All the columns are READ-ONLY. To change settings for an email account, you must use the action links available in the Actions window.
If the text in a grid cell is not fully visible, hover your cursor over the cell and a screen tip will appear with the entire text contents.
The Account Name column contains the name of the email account (this is typically a "friendly" name for the email account).
The Last Checked Date column contains the last date the Email Fetcher Service tried to retrieve the emails for the email account on that row. If the wMobile Email Fetcher Service did not attempt to retrieve email messages for the chosen folders, the displayed value will read: Never.
The Type Name column contains the type of protocol used by the email server. This will be chosen when creating a new email account and cannot be changed afterword in edit mode.
NOTE: If the account has the wrong protocol set, the account needs to be deleted and a new one created.
The User Name column contains the username for the email account used by the login process.
The Owner column contains the wMobile user for which the email account was created.
The Last Connection Status column displays the message resulting from when an email account is tested. If the account is setup correctly, the background color of the column will be green and the status will read: "Success!"
If there was a problem with the email account this column will explain why the test failed (a common problem is that the email account is not configured correctly) and the background color of the column will be red.
The Is Default column contains a tick for the email account set as the default account when more than one email account is configured for any given user (details below).
The AutoCheck Enabled column displays the status for the email account being set to automatically retrieve new emails from the email server.
The Incoming Server column contains the incoming email server specified to be used for inbound email.
The Actions window contains these tools:
New: Create a new email account.
Copy: Duplicate an existing email account.
Edit: Edit an existing email account.
Delete: Delete the selected email account.
Make Default: Sets the selected email account as the default (see details below).
Check Emails: Checks for email messages.
Create New Email Account
1. In the Actions window, click New. This will open the Account Type Selection dialog requesting the Reply Address and the type of account being configured (POP3 or IMAP).
2. Click the Continue button and the Add Email Account dialog will display.
3. Enter the appropriate credentials for the email account and click the Save button.
Copy Email Account
1. Select the email account you want to duplicate by clicking on it.
2. In the Actions window, click Copy. This will open the Duplicate Email Account dialog.
3. Make the appropriate changes to the existing data for the new email account and click the Save button.
Edit Email Account
1. Select the email account you want to edit by clicking on it.
2. In the Actions window, click Edit. This will open the Edit Email Account dialog.
3. Make the appropriate changes and click the Save button.
Delete Email Account
1. Select the email account you want to delete by clicking on it.
2. In the Actions window, click Delete. This will open a prompt asking you if you are sure you want to delete the selected account.
3. Choose Yes or No.
Make an Email Account the Default
A user may have multiple email accounts within wMobile. Each account saved in wMobile is designated as "owned" by a specific user. When a user has more than one email account, one of these accounts must be set as the "default" account. For outgoing email, wMobile will use the email address from the default account as the "From" address for the user sending the email.
1. Select the email account you want to make the default by clicking on it.
2. In the Actions window, click Make Default. This will cause the checkbox in the Default column of the Email Accounts table to be set for the selected account.
For the selected email account, this function is the same as the "Refresh" on wMobile Phone's email list page and "Check Mail" in wMobile Desktop's Email Center.
1. Select the email account you want to check for online email by clicking on it.
2. In the Actions window, click Check Emails.